The Photo Lab provides copies of photographs of vehicle crashes investigated by the State Police. All photographs provided are 8 X 10. All photographs are shipped via the U.S. Postal Service only.
There are three pricing plans:
- Purchase all photographs from a crash. Cost of each photograph is $10.00. You will also receive a CD containing all photographs.
- Purchase a proof sheet, which contains thumbnails of all photographs. Cost of the proof sheet is $10.00 per page. Each page holds 40 thumbnails. You may then select individual photographs for purchase at a cost of $15.00 each. You will receive a CD containing only the photographs that you purchased.
- Purchase crash photos online (except fatality crashes).
To request photos of a crash:
Submit the form to the LSP Crime Lab Photo Lab. You may use one of the following options.
- Wait 15 working days after the crash before submitting a request for photos.
- For mail in requests, download the Crash Request Form and complete SECTION III (Request for Photos).
Following your request for photos, we will respond with a price quote and instructions regarding payment. After we receive payment, we will ship the photos to you.
Crash photos can be purchased online through "LSP Statewide Crash Reports and Photos".
- Submit by fax: 225-925-4401
- Submit by mail:
Office of State Police
Photo Lab, D-3
PO Box 66614
Baton Rouge, LA 70896
- Submit by e-mail: LSPPhotolab@dps.la.gov
- Call the Photo Lab at: 225-925-3518
For questions, please contact the Photo Lab at 225-925-3518 or by e-mail at LSPPhotolab@dps.la.gov.
For information regarding Crash Reports, please contact the Traffic Records Unit.