Tank Truck Emergency Response Workshop by STTS
Upon completion of this workshop, students will be able to understand:
- How to determine the correct specification of a cargo tank and why it matters
- Construction features associated with cargo tanks and their relationship to damage assessment, uprighting, leaks, and spills
- The purpose of functions of safety relief devices and other emergency devices
- Normal loading and unloading procedures and the rules of liquid and vapor dynamics
- Basic principles and techniques associated with emergency loading and unloading
- Advanced containment techniques suitable for cargo tanks
- Critical Elements of “Cargo Tank Emergency Management”
This workshop exceeds OSHA 29 CFR 1910.120 requirements for annual refresher training, and the competencies covered will assist technician-level responders in attaining their “Cargo Tank Specialty” as defined by the NFPA.
- All equipment will be provided.
- Students are encouraged to bring their own work gloves and wear sturdy boots during field exercises.
The textbook is provided at no cost to the student by the program.
Lodging is provided at the Joint Emergency Services Training Center (JESTC) Staff Development Center at no cost for students who reside outside of 50 miles from the training site.
Due to the remote location of JESTC, lunch is provided for all students, and additionally, breakfast is provided for students who require lodging at the Staff Development Center.
Download the Course Syllabus